• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW newb

Xgay

NAXJA Forum User
I've been lurking here for a while now and finally decided to post. I live in the Portland area and love 4-wheeling with my XJ. It's nothing special yet. It has a 3" lift and 31" BFG AT's. I'm hoping to get a winch and a posi in the very near future and am looking for some advice from you guys. While I really love 4-wheelin' none of my friends enjoy it. As you can tell from my username, I am openly homosexual and have been concerned I won't be welcome to 4 wheel with you guys since 4 wheelers have that "redneck" image. I was hoping that since you are from the Northwest, you all would be a little more open minded and welcome me.

Welcome aboard. I'm certainly not one to judge and I'd welcome you on a trail anytime. Life is too short to pass judgement on others because of their personal preferences.

Got pics of your Jeep? We were just down there this weekend.

Phil
NW Chapter President

I understand your concern. I suspect I feel a "similar" concern when I bring my children on a run with a bunch of "redneck's" also.

This group of people is Excellent. Very accepting and understanding and just out to have a good time learning, helping, supporting, etc.

Welcome aboard. Look forward to meeting you on the trail.

Michael

Thanks for all of the support you guys. I am looking forward to wheeling with you. I will get a pic posted in a couple of days, as i'm just swamped with projects right now.

IXNAYXJ said:
On your particular model, I'm certain it was standard equipment.

-----Matt-----

nah, i'm sure his came with the loaded package.....all the bells and whistles you can put on it from the factory:D

Xgay said:
As you can tell from my username, I am openly homosexual and have been concerned I won't be welcome to 4 wheel with you guys since 4 wheelers have that "redneck" image. I was hoping that since you are from the Northwest, you all would be a little more open minded and welcome me.
12GaugeXJ said:
100_1402.jpg
Nope, not rednecks at all.... [Cue banjo music/] :D

-----Matt-----

Last edited:
IXNAYXJ said:
Nope, not rednecks at all.... [Cue banjo music/] :D

-----Matt-----

Thanks Matt.

I second Phil, I also am not one to judge. I may be an 'urban' redneck, but I dont go around shouting(don't take it personally anyone) 'N*gger' or 'Sp*c' or 'F*ggot' at people.

Welcome to the NWC. Hope to see you on some trails. This group won't make you feel uncomfortable a bit.

Back