• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anyone ever tried this?

*sqweak**SQWEAK**sqweak**SQWEAK**sqweak**SQWEAK**sqweak**SQWEAK**sqweak**SQWEAK**sqweak**SQWEAK**sqweak**SQWEAK**sqweak**SQWEAK**sqweak**SQWEAK**sqweak**SQWEAK**sqweak**SQWEAK**sqweak**SQWEAK**sqweak**SQWEAK*

Thats about what your rig would sound like. :)

Got a friend that used those, when the suspension moves at all it sounds like the tries are rubbing stuff there not supposed to and it is so horrible it isnt fun to drive at all. Sounds the greatest idleing standing still.

More rubber crap.

Your XJ is 8 years old. By the time you wear rubber out a second time, you won't be interested in rubber or poly anymore.

i've got em, or had em. don't do it. lots of squeeking and not that smooth of a ride. most of them i did't use because they did't fit. the only ones i have left after i lifted is the top of the shackle in the back. the covers for the TRE's spit and fell off after about a week. not to mention a pita to do. it's cheaper to buy a new LCA than waste your time replacing the bushings.

hey, the only ones that squeak are people who think synth grease costs too much, i have used them and they are good for firming up a stock vehicle, and for motor and trans mounts, they have less deflection than rubber and if you are looking for street performance, they are one important piece of the puzzle. but most 4x xj-er's are looking for droop and further articulation and rubber costs bit less.

Hmmmm... now I'm wondering if I even want a firmer ride. As most of you know, our XJ's are already pretty tight. But then again, poly flat out out-performs rubber and with the right shocks I'm guessin you could get a pretty decent ride and handling out of it. And I'm pretty sure if you grease the poly bushings they won't squeek but the question is, how often do you have to grease them?

Back