• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bling Bling Seat Covers

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
Not really worthy modified tech, so I posted here... I am looking to purchase new seat covers because mine are dirty and plain black is just a little boring...

Anyone make a real nice seat cover that has rear storage pockets and such? For maps and loose paper?

Rugged ridge...

30869-md.jpg

If you want to go nuts... Smittybilt G.E.A.R. seat covers

45_2.jpg

45_1.jpg

There is a company that makes "wet Okole" (Okole is "butt" in Hawaiian)seat covers. There kinda pricey but are very good quality and water proof. there made of neopreme like the wet suits.
I had a set in my Porsche, loved it cause I could go Surfing or hiking and not worry about the leather.
Jeremy

Hammered said:
:shocked: at $100 per seat I just cant see putting the money on these.

Any one here actually got these? I understand its a Molle set up, so I guess if you use that it could be handy.
I could make 2 of them from all the gear I have laying around.

that first one is nice... second seems a bit too cluttered for my needs. :dunce:
I've heard of the Okole covers but haven't seen pics. I knew from searching that they are expensive. I guess I'll really have to shop around. But for around $100 a cover it might just be better to swap in some seats that have some kind of rear cargo pocket?

I swapped in s10 leather seats into my friends Samurai, probably the best mod we have done to the thing because they are so damn comfortable.

Get a big tarp and wrap your seat with it.

On a second note, my uncle made seatcovers for his 01 Ram using bath/beath towels and sewing Velcro onto the towels and to the bottom of the bench seat. Turned out really nice, snug, and the towels didn't move around at all. I think the driver's side towel tore though from getting in and out constantly, though.

I have a sail sticher(heavy duty sewing machine)and my fiancee is really good with it. I had her make a top for my old BII out of a old sail from my step fathers boat. Worked out great so now Im buying some neoprene for seat covers. If you have a sewing shop in town maybe you can have them make the seat covers out of what you want and to your design?
Jeremy

for Wet Okole seat covers with pockets, you're looking at $255 for the pair, more if you want special color options. They're top quality, though. Only thing to remember is that they are Neoprene... so you'll need to treat them with UV protectant every once in a while to keep the colors from fading.

I have the wet okole's in one of my TJ's, yea, nice, you still get wet ass if you leave the top off and it rains over night so I don't consider them water proof, it took 2 bath towels to soak up all the water the first time I did that. Reminds me, time to pull them and wash them out and re-treat them.

Blaine B. said:

Man, you gonna have one of the member really drooling over those, they match his bumper perfectly... :D :D :D

RichP said:
Man, you gonna have one of the member really drooling over those, they match his bumper perfectly... :D :D :D

Dammit you beat me to it!!!!!!! I was going to say that!!!

99XJSPORT06 said:
Dammit you beat me to it!!!!!!! I was going to say that!!!

I'm surprised, such member,hasn't chimed in yet to tell us how they smell like the nakey step sis.

Thou Shalt Not Tempt...

And there he is. But they do match the bumper. I bet chicks would dig um.

Screw the chicks... i like emm.... and FUUUUZZZZYY

ZacSquatch said:
Screw the chicks... i like emm.... and FUUUUZZZZYY

Hard to clean up any mess ya leave though. LOL

Back