• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BOR leaf springs have arrived at my house!!

jeeperguy21

NAXJA Forum User
I can't wait to put them on. These are the 8" Big Offroad Flex-E springs. I have been running Chevy leaf springs for about 8 months and although they do great off-road, they are way too stiff for everyday use. They also stretched my wheel base about 4 inches or more, but I wanted my rear axle brough back forward again so that I can stuff the large tires better. I'll be selling them if anyone is interested. Here's the new ones waiting for a warm day and some free time:
DSC00660.jpg

They came with cool red poly bushings that aren't pictured.
DSC00656.jpg

Yep. They are the same lift as the chevy springs, but the leafs are about half as thick. I can flex these with my own arms but can barely flex the chevy's with my entire body weight. You'd have to take a spin with me to fully appreciate it.

Just curious but why would you want to use an 8" leaf pack for 35" tires ???? By the time you run a long enough shackle to try and let those things flatten out... you are really going to be up there....
Hope you dont do too much off camber stuff.......

Last edited:
*HUH*

never thought that much arch would be softer!!!??? :dunno: Who knew?

mattyj said:
Just curious but why would you want to use an 8" leaf pack for 35" tires anyway???? By the time you run a long enough shackle to try and let those things flatten out... you are really going to be up there....
Hope you dont do to too much off camber stuff.......

Looks mostly. It looks absolutely gorgeous. I do have to avoid some of the really tippy trails and just not be stupid. It's my daily driver and weekend off-roader, so call me vain, but I like looking good too :spin1:

tayman said:
*HUH*

never thought that much arch would be softer!!!??? :dunno: Who knew?

Like I said, the arch is the same. It's the thickness of the springs that is what is making the difference. Half as much metal means more give and better ride. Of course it's not going to ride like a stock XJ, and that's not what I'm going for. I am just improving it from what it currently is.

i dont see a problem with wanting to make it look tall and stuff. heck here in so cal id say the majority of lifted trucks running around were done for looks. back in my high school days it was way cool to have a lifted toyota with 44" mudders. didnt work worth a crap off road, but you sure got the chicks. these days though i would much rather build a useable off road vehicle that perfroms well off road even at a scarifice of on road performance or looks.
post some pics of that sky high monster. some of us still enjoy seeing them. we may not want one, but i still think they are cool to see.

Back