• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS aussie locker?

gt247life04

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1992 jeep cherokee (XJ) and unfortunately it has ABS. I was looking at aussie lockers and noticed that they said they are not compatible with ABS and was wondering the reasoning. Is there any simple solution to the problem or am I stuck picking a different locker or axle. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks for any help.

abs alternates the braking force through all 4 wheels so you don't skid. if you are locked then the wheels will be trying to turn at different speeds while braking hard. you would implode your diffs...

I have a 2001 that had ABS. Just cut the wires and pull the fuse. I have run this way for over a year now and have noticed no diff. in the driving of my Jeep on or offroad.

^ x2

I went overboard and pulled all the ABS relays too, but I understand that you just need to pull the fuse. Then I chopped the wires to the wheel sensors when I swapped my rear axle.

Back