• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44

badazzcherokee3

NAXJA Forum User
I just got done welding my TnT customs front truss on a few days ago and I final got it under my jeep and just about evrything done. But I was wondering when I go to Weld on the trac bar mount to the axle do I want to center the axle to the jeep or would it better to center the t-case to the dana 44 yoke?

I posted about going but i dont have the money for a dana 60 and this is already built and I want to go out and play with my little dana 44
and my question was is it better to center the axle to the jeep or make it so my tcase yoke to dana 44 yoke are right inline

badazzcherokee3 said:
I posted about going but i dont have the money for a dana 60 and this is already built and I want to go out and play with my little dana 44
and my question was is it better to center the axle to the jeep or make it so my tcase yoke to dana 44 yoke are right inline

always, always, always center the axle under the jeep.

badazzcherokee3 said:
Thanks but I was wonering how to I center it to my jeep

Measure to the frame rail behind the coil spring to the outside of the tire. Say for example you get 22". Make sure the other side measures the same distance and your centered.

That what your asking?

vetteboy said:
Make it so the wheels stick out the same amount on both sides?

that would work. I use a straight edge on the outside of the tires wheels that extends above the tire to the fender and measure off of the with the wheels straight ahead, also leave the track bar unattached at the frame end start up the jeep and use the power steering to move the body back and forth to center the axle under it then use the steering lock to hold it in place until I hook up the track bar

Back