• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Trac Bar Problem

ty20404

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I kinda realized what my problem was that was causing some DW. I noticed that where the TRE goes into the factory mount that little post "pops" side to side a little bit when I turn the steering wheel from right to left. It's enough to notice that the body is "walking" on the axle.

I removed the factory mount and trac bar and tried to tighten down the castle nut but I ended up just stripping the hell out of the threads. I'm guessing my problem is that that post isn't far enough into the mount but I'm not sure.

What part number is that TRE? anyone know?

And would my solution be to get another TRE? I can get the castle nut to tighten down still, but I can't tighten it enough to keep the post from moving.

the problem is at the factory trac bar mount.... therefore using a washer would reduce the amount of thread to work with?

unless you're saying that I've run out of thread then I understand what you're saying...

Paint something pink... stops DW and gives you 3hp and 5mpg...

quit bein cheap and buy a HD mount and tracbar...:patriot:

ZacSquatch said:
Paint something pink... stops DW and gives you 3hp and 5mpg...

quit bein cheap and buy a HD mount and tracbar...:patriot:

god, not only are you queer, you're also difficult. haha, just kidding. if i wasn't a poor college kid, i would.

5" of lift + POS trackbar with a TRE = fail.

get a HD trackbar or suffer the consequences of not being able to sustain 45 MPH over uneven surfaces.

Back