• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DO YOU THINK 37S ARE TO BIG??

Tintr

NAXJA Forum User
01 cherokee, 8" LA lift, dana 44 front & rear. I run 35s now but am considering 37s. Pros and Cons, im open to all suggestions!

Axles might be a lil too puny unless you have alloys, lockers, and some good u-joints...

Do it... why not

well i do think they would look good, im afraid it may be just a little to top heavy on off camber stuff. i dont live in moab so theres not much rock crawling around here. just lots of rutted out muddy roads and some occasional hill climbs and sand dunes. i would like to get more into the technical side of wheeling and do some rocks at some orv parks about 2 hrs north but everyone i know has trailer crawlers and i still like to drive mine to my shop every once in a while

Then do it, Just go 37 12.50... tall and skinny is wheres its at in the mud

ZacSquatch said:
Axles might be a lil too puny unless you have alloys, lockers, and some good u-joints...

Lockers keep your axles from breaking?
confused.gif

Billy

I put a ruby 44 front and exploder 8.8 in the rear and run 35's. I can kick my self for not running full width and 37's. Absolutly no comparison on what one that is wide and on crappy 37's will do even compaired to my decent setup and great tires. Go big if you use it off road.

i didnt say lockers keep my axles from breaking. i have chromoly inner shafts front and rear. my front is aslo a ruby axle. Im just torn for what i want. ive considered going to a 36x13.5 iroc but man those are soft and would prob only last a year before needing replaced. my gears are 456 now but would go to a 488 if i jump to 37s. LETS GET SOME PROS AND CONS. I NEED SOMONE TO MAKE UP MY MIND FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tintr said:
i didnt say lockers keep my axles from breaking. i have chromoly inner shafts front and rear. my front is aslo a ruby axle. Im just torn for what i want. ive considered going to a 36x13.5 iroc but man those are soft and would prob only last a year before needing replaced. my gears are 456 now but would go to a 488 if i jump to 37s. LETS GET SOME PROS AND CONS. I NEED SOMONE TO MAKE UP MY MIND FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were commenting on my assinine statment at the begging of the thread...

WHERE THE FU*K IS OUR FLIP OFF SMILEY???

heres the problem. the more i do to the jeep the more i like to drive it. i own my own business and its nice having my cherokee out front because it draws so much attn. i figure it will get between 8-10k this year.

If you don't do any rockcrawling, or at least any major rockcrawling, AND you're going to drive it up to 10k miles per year what is a 37" tire going to do for you that a 35" wont?? Bigger isn't always better my friend...if you dont have a rollcage you're just begging to roll that thing (actually the rollcage wont stop it from rolling but at least it will protect you) :shocked:

Back