• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pink Wire?

Well it has a screw in it. I didnt do it, so its been there for over 2 1/2 years, so i dunno. Also funny story....I was replacing a leaky hose today and i set my wrench with extension and socket on battery and it was touching the positive, negative and ground wire all at the same time! it sparked and had to take a rag and knock it off! wierd huh?

Cherokeekid88 said:
Well it has a screw in it. I didnt do it, so its been there for over 2 1/2 years, so i dunno. Also funny story....I was replacing a leaky hose today and i set my wrench with extension and socket on battery and it was touching the positive, negative and ground wire all at the same time! it sparked and had to take a rag and knock it off! wierd huh?
Thats why ya don't set tools on the Battery.

My step brother accidentally "connected" the positive and negative sides of the battery via the ratchet he was using to tighten the positive terminal back down for my amp we were installing. I told him to disconnect the negative terminal before he started, but he said he didn't need to (and stupid me, even though he's installed many amps before, I went against my better judgement and didn't disconnect it). Well after he shorted out my entire electrical system (had my radar detector plugged in and heard it reset), I get in to leave and all my gauges are pegged, and I mean every single one of them. I had the door open, and when I put my key in the ignition, every time the chime beeped, the guages slowly moved back down to 0.

At the time I had a TPS that was failing and would cause random no starts to where i'd have to baby the throttle until it got up to temp, otherwise it wouldn't idle. Well when the electrical system went into a state of shock, it erased the "memory" on the main computer. If you've ever unplugged the battery for long enough for it to drain the memory, you already have squat for idle as it's trying to re-learn your driving style, which takes several miles. Add the failing TPS on it, and it made for some not so good times. In addition, we had got a call saying that somebody wanted to come look at the house which we were selling, and they'd be there in 5 minutes. 5 minutes to get everything cleaned up, pray to the Jeep gods that I could get it started, and get the hell outta there to make it look like we had been gone for some time.

Back