• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got a few xmas presents installed

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My presents finally showed up, who says santa only comes on Christmas? I ordered Jks front lower bpe's, mini skids (not yet installed), c4x4 tow hooks and brackets and a MORE steering box brace. I could really feel the difference in the front end/steering with the brace, well worth it. I had to drill through the passenger side tow hook bracket to mount the brace but it was no problem. The hooks and brackets were missing 1 grade 5 bolt which I ended up replacing all 4 with grade 8's. I also had to cut the bumper brackets to fit around the tow hook bolts... All in all good day.

so the brace made a noticeable difference? i have frame damage and anything helps. what size tires are you running and how heavy is your rig? i've been considering adding the brace to my dailydriver

the steering box brace was a noticeable difference for my buddies 99 with 35s and stock steering linkage. I got him the rugged ridge version http://www.quadratec.com/products/22518_700.htm I don't recall doing any drilling for that, though

I only had to drill through the tow hook bracket, if I hadnt gotten them I wouldnt have had to do any drilling. This is my daily driver, Im running 33's with Jcr 1 ton steering. I had some kind of popping when I turned and now it feels solid and smooth. I think there are a few different companies making the brace, same thing just different company. I unbolted the front bolt on the hook and turned the hook around to put the bumper on. Then once the bumper was on I turned it back around and re bolted it. It barely touches the bumper bolt and still tightens up fine.

Back