• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Highest miles on transmission?

206 k on my 89 4.0/auto

2 AW4s, both with 235k + both get beaten like unwanted stepchildren, and operate fine. (both have remote filters and divorced coolers too)

1988 B/A 10-5 with 387,877.2 and the stupid thing STILL will not die. However it IS on the 2nd clutch and 2nd engine.

seanR said:
We have had several with over 200K...
I just remembered,
When Travis went from the 4 speed to the auto, he "shifted" leaving a stop light.
He threw it into reverse at about 40 and floored it, that was at 195,000, as far as I know the guy that baught it is still driving it.

123K AW4 not that impressive.. But it's almost all Trail... Had a few rear seals go out. To further my feeble post thats with 36-37-38" tires 3:55 gears and a Klune. Talk about a dog on the road.. But on the trial it's fine.

Hey Gunner, do you, like, have to put it in low, low to get over speed bumps with those axle gears, or what? Makes me feel a little bit better about running 33" Boggers with a B/A 10-5 and 3.07's. (You do understand that I AM joking, right?) Ah, the wonder of aftermarket X-cases.

Back