• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone use or even seen this winch? Summit brand.

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Finally going to buy a winch but dont have the money to really go full name brand high end. So I was looking at my usual sources that I check with on every purchace and found this...

sum-930008_w.jpg

Brand:Summit

Product Line:Summit Electric Winches

Part Type:Winches

Winch Style:Electric

Pull Rating (lbs):10,000 lbs.

Volts:12 V

Fairlead Type:Roller

Remote Included:Yes

Remote:Wireless

Freespooling:Yes

Brake:Yes

Power Out:Yes

Drive Gear:3-stage planetary

Line Diameter (in):23/64 in.

Line Length (ft):100 ft.

Conforms to J706 Standards:No

Mounting Hole Quantity:4 holes

Mounting Pattern Length (in):10.000 in.

Mounting Pattern Width (in):4.500 in.

Weight:88 lbs.

Motor Horsepower:6.60 hp

Gear Reduction Ratio:218:1

Quantity:Sold individually.

Notes:Overall dimensions 21.15 inches length x 6.3 inches width x 10 inches height. Remote can be operated in a wireless mode or with included cable.
Winch, 10,000 lb., Roller Fairlead, Power In/Out, 23/64 in. x 100 ft. Cable, Remote, Each

So question I mostly have is that if anyone has used or seen on of these in use?

Line speed is shown to be 9.8 ft/min at 6000lbs and 7.2 at full rated 10000lbs and a 6.6hp motor. and even on the 4th layer it shows over a 7000lbs rated pull available.

And at 655$ seems like a very good buy...

anyone?

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
Never seen this before look nice I would check milemarker though they are very competive with their prices!

Well the milemarkers are like 1/2 the hp and much slower for only about 100-150$ less and not intigrated, like this one. So I am kinda leaning this way for the little bit more. I have about 700 to spend and this pushes it to that limit but still under.

I did see the MX8 mosfet one at 4wheel idiots for 399 right now. But its a very slow and only 8000lbs on level 1 on the drum rating, on level 4 its like 1/2 that.

Robert,
Not trying to talk ya out of the Summit deal, but when I got my M8000 for around $500.00, I got the lifetime - no questions asked warranty for a extra fifty bucks. It may not have the specs. of the Summit, but may give you a peace of mind.

I paid less than that for my T-Max EW9000 and am BEYOND pleased with it.

cal said:

Well this is a t-max but the 10000lbs and integrated model. Most sell it with the tmax name on it for 950-1100$ So I am going for it.

images.ashx

http://www.winchdepot.com/PDT282266.aspx

Part Number: TMX12203
  • EWI-10000 Winch - Metallic
  • Rated Line Pull: 10000 lbs.
  • Voltage: 12V
  • Motor: 6.6 HP
  • Remote Control: Wireless Multicontrol
  • Gear Ratio: 218:1
  • Size: 21.15 in. x 6.3 in. x 10.0 in.
  • Weight 88 lbs.
  • Wire Rope: 100 ft. of 23/64
  • Fairlead Roller
  • Winch Type: Electric
  • Free Shipping...Always
$1,006.95

ROBERTK said:
Well this is a t-max but the 10000lbs and integrated model. Most sell it with the tmax name on it for 950-1100$ So I am going for it.

If I had realized it was made my t-max, I would have told you to go for it too. :)

Why do the Summit when you can get a Warn that has a 100lbs less pull strength and $200 cheaper?

edit: Wait, which price are you getting it at? Your first post says $655, and your last says $1006.

Starboard M said:
Why do the Summit when you can get a Warn that has a 100lbs less pull strength and $200 cheaper?

edit: Wait, which price are you getting it at? Your first post says $655, and your last says $1006.

the first is what I am looking to get.

the other was a comparision to the "T-MAX" winch, and the low ball price for it with thier name on the same item.

4-Wheel parts Whore-salers sold me my Warn M-8000 for $500, roller fairlead included. It was their swap-meet price, but still a good deal.

not a bad deal. great HP rating (6.60HP) . reasonable price. I WAS looking at getting a M8000 (4.60 HP) this might change my mind. did you see the summit 9000 its only $450.00 and other then the pull rating it has the same specs

Last edited:
polar_jeep_04 said:
not a bad deal. great HP rating (6.60HP) . reasonable price. I WAS looking at getting a M8000 (4.60 HP) this might change my mind. let me know if it works out and if they rape you on shiping

shipping should be 9.99 + 6$ extra wieght charge. No tax...

Waiting to order till I can spend 10 min on the phone with them to see if I can get my edge programmer from them also that they dont have listed online. I will say its a for sure order today though and should have in 2-3 days

polar_jeep_04 said:
not a bad deal. great HP rating (6.60HP) . reasonable price. I WAS looking at getting a M8000 (4.60 HP) this might change my mind. did you see the summit 9000 its only $450.00 and other then the pull rating it has the same specs
Just like the only difference between the Warn M6000 and M8000 is their gear ratios. Same exact motor.

cal said:
I just purchased a EW9000 today! I hope I like it as much as you like yours!
I got a killer deal on it from this guy!

Support those that support us!

Thanks again for a great deal Travis!

Hale

Haleyes said:
I just purchased a EW9000 today! I hope I like it as much as you like yours!
I got a killer deal on it from this guy!

Support those that support us!

Thanks again for a great deal Travis!

Hale

Umm that guy still is 250$ more then summit. But good to hear good things about the T-MAX stuff. I just ordered it and about 680ish deivered in 1-2 days.

Back