• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help with ptman arm

Don't feel bad
I use this Snap On puller with an impact and I still have
problems with Jeep Pitman arms.
33764.JPG

Whatever you do, DO NOT USE HEAT.

Yep - don't bother with a fork and hammer, it don't work and it will probably jack up your Pitman seal...

When reinstalling, putting a little never-seez on the splines for the Pitman shaft won't go amiss. People wonder why I use so much of the stuff, but I don't put it on bolts...

5-90

Get a pitman arm puller and put the thing under a good torque load on the arm. Spray a good penetrant around the top to let it sink in...and leave everything overnight. ;)

I've done this a few times and came back to the tool and old pitman arm lying on the ground right where they fell off. :D

So - just to clear things up, why are you pulling the Pitman? It's a major PITA and often causes more problems than it solves if it's part of certain lifts. Yup, there are a couple companies out there that will sell you a Pitman Arm with your lift because they think it's needed (or just want to sell you another part). They'll do that on 3" lifts, when the stock one is completely adequate for the job at han until about 5" or so...

Back