• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pitman arm

chopperdog

NAXJA Forum User
sorry I know its probably been hashed over but?
I have a 98 limited with auto and 242 tcase
3.5 R.E spring pack
adjustable trackbar
2in. spacers to level in front
it has settled a little and is currently about 5.5 inches over stock.
In your opinion do I need to get a drop pitman arm?
If so how much drop?
My alignment guy says yes. But it drives ok now. Please any info would be fantastic.

S.Y.E. and new driveshaft is on the way also.
Thanks again as always

You're right on the borderline there. Remember that the draglink and the trackbar HAVE to move in the same plane in order to work the suspension correctly - dropping the pitman arm will create bumpsteer problems unless the trackbar mount is similarly moved about...

Sorry about the thread jack but I was going to start a post about the same thing. I have a 99 with a 3 1/2 rubi lift. A friend gave me a rubicon drop pitman arm for a cherokee and I haven't put it on yet because I was wondering if I really need it. I don't need it and put on would it have any adverse affects on my suspension?

I just gave mine an alignment, very easy. it is driveing fine so I think I am going to go without the drop arm. The track bar and draglink are almost parallel, so thats good. All with 5.5 inchs of lift.

With only 3.5 I would not worry about it.

Thanks again

Back