• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XM antenna

yeah. up about 6 inchs and a few inchs right of the gas peddle... Sattelite Radio SUCKS! Unless you drive like 500 miles in one way in one day. Ipod is where it's at!

Mine is in center of roof just above windsheild trim. The wireing is tucked ito the weather stripping on passenger side door and the windsheild gasket. Mine is a Dark Blue XJ so it is barely noticeable at all. I like commercial free music so thats my reason for the XM, that and I don't own an ipod. Don't even know how to use an ipod.

I got the home antenna sitting on top of my dash in the center :D It works great about 90% of the time. During the time that it does nto work too well, I have a feeling that the outside one would probably not work for me too well either (narrow deep canyons, dense foliage).

Kejtar said:
I got the home antenna sitting on top of my dash in the center :D It works great about 90% of the time. During the time that it does nto work too well, I have a feeling that the outside one would probably not work for me too well either (narrow deep canyons, dense foliage).
Ovgerpasses and tall buildings in a city too. But they are momentary and well worth the absence of commercials on either satelite broadcast XM or Sirius.

mikeforte said:
Ovgerpasses and tall buildings in a city too. But they are momentary and well worth the absence of commercials on either satelite broadcast XM or Sirius.
what sucks the most is being in the middle of a great comedy bit and then getting stuck underneath an overpass in traffic for a few minutes!

Sirius hardly ever goes out for me. Will never go back to FM.

Our Ipod is neat, but I still prefer the versatility of a broadcast instead of just whatever you load on the Ipod.

I ran my antenna through an existing gromet in the firewall and routed the wire out of the way under the hood and placed the antenna magnet itself in the recessed area of the hood right in front of the cowel. Never notice it. Great reception.

sirius ive heard gets better reception.

i have xm and still love it! I ran my antenna along the headliner trim and then into the wire loom for the rear hatch, then i popped it out between the hatch and the jeep, and set it on the roof, worked well.

Don't know why one would get better reception than the other since I believe that XM and Sirius are/are trying to merge. Anyway my friend has his sitting on the roof and runs the wire down the the rear driver door weatherstripping and up along the console, not the most seamless install but it works well wherever and whenever

yes they're owned by the same company, but still different systems as of right now.

mostly I am sure it has to do with satellite locations. With XM I lose reception anytime there's anything blocking the south sky.

indyjeepnut said:
I love my Sirius...

X a bazillion

Wouldn't go back to commercial radio for anything. I prefer the randomness and "oh, haven't heard that in a while/before" of radio over the ipod.

I've got my Sirius antenna on the rear most Yakima crossbar. Just about the only time I loose reception in on the completely tree covered section of my road, and that's only when the trees have leaves.

love my xm but my next one will be serius because of the better reception, mines always cutting out, my bro's never cuts out.

I forgot to say its for a comanche.

Well I got the antenna installed. I found a hole the PO filled with that foam in a can above the fuse block. I ran it under the truck next to the fuel lines. Then up in between the bed. You cant see the antenna because I have a box on the bed.

I hate Sirius and XM. I've had both and neither of them everplay good music IMO and the channel selection sucks! With 80GB of music on my ipod I can play what ever I want whenever I want with a scroll and push of a button. I can also make long ass playlists and just press play. Viola! Commercial free music and NOTHING I don't like!

97XJ2 said:
Don't know why one would get better reception than the other since I believe that XM and Sirius are/are trying to merge. Anyway my friend has his sitting on the roof and runs the wire down the the rear driver door weatherstripping and up along the console, not the most seamless install but it works well wherever and whenever

I had to order a cable for my Sirius radio last week and asked if the merger was going to happen. I was advised it was approved and they plan to start offering new packages around Jan 01. Those who already have the service nothing will change unless you change packages.

Had XM and now think it sucks! Was cool at first but they play the crap outta the same stuff! Comedy channel was hilarious at first and was the second and even the third times I heard the same spoof but the fourth and fifth time was just over kill, I did enjoy being able to listen to FOX news live on radio. Actually heard Brenner annouce live, "WE GOT HIM" when our troops captured the snake in the sand (Saddam Hussien) which was cool. Other than live News channels I won't spend the extra money and I can't see paying $20 a month just to listen to the News. I am in a Crown Vic for 8 hours every day so that was nice on days when I was hammered with calls from work!

tow2topgun said:
Had XM and now think it sucks! Was cool at first but they play the crap outta the same stuff! Comedy channel was hilarious at first and was the second and even the third times I heard the same spoof but the fourth and fifth time was just over kill, I did enjoy being able to listen to FOX news live on radio. Actually heard Brenner annouce live, "WE GOT HIM" when our troops captured the snake in the sand (Saddam Hussien) which was cool. Other than live News channels I won't spend the extra money and I can't see paying $20 a month just to listen to the News. I am in a Crown Vic for 8 hours every day so that was nice on days when I was hammered with calls from work!

Try working in a two that only has 5 radio stations and 3 of them play the same stuff. I get to hear the NASCAR races and football games when I have to spend 12 hours in a Impala.

Back