• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock heavy duty leaf springs

rmm727

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have the heavy duty factory leafs on their xj or buy the replacement ones from 4wd hardware or quadratec. I bought a pair and they seem to ride really stiff and mine sits higher in the rear than my friends with a 3in lift.

The factory heavy duty springs were part of the UpCountry off-road package and give 1" of lift. Load up the back with some heavy stuff and drive around like that for a week. The springs may just need to break in a little. If they are still too tall/stiff try removing 1 leaf from the pack and you should drop down some and ride more smoothly.

what did you torque the shackle bolts too?
try loosening those, so the shackle will move a bit more easily.

Tim_MN said:
The factory heavy duty springs were part of the UpCountry off-road package and give 1" of lift.

Not true. HD springs came most often with the towing package. They are approximately the same height as ordinary leafs. UpCountry springs were in an offroad package and do give approximately an inch of lift.

I torqued the shackle bolts to 80 foot lbs. I put urethane bushings in both the shackles and the leafs

Back