• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

re 3.5 and spacers is it ok

amschnellsten

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 3.5 re lift with 1.5 shackles. I just put 33 tires on and cut my fenders. My problem is that the back is 2" higher than the front.I have the lower control arms that come with the 3.5 and the springs, my question is can I add 2" spacers to the front without getting longer arms or dbs. My trackbar has been moved over but I have an re adjustable one on its way. I searched for ever and could not find the awnser.

I believe you will need to get adjustables to go to a 5.5" lift in the front.

You can do anything.....but it may not be a good idea. I would not reccomend more than 4" lift in xj front w/o long arm or lca drop. It can be done but it will suck. the lca's will point down too much which causes them to extend rather than compress when they hit a bump...not good. It's better to fix the real problem then to compensate elsewhere: if the back's too high, fix that. Driveline angles will become an area of concern if the back is lifted 5.5". What type of rear lift (aal or new spring or block?) SYE or TCase drop? Also leaf lifts tend to settle so I would avoid doing much until it does so. you can use extra stock coil spring isolators to raise the front, they are cheap and easy. When you say the back is higher, is that with or without your buddies, cooler, dog, spare, recovery gear, etc? it'll prob settle an inch or more and sit another inch lower fully loaded...problem solved!

Just got back (After hard drive crash) trying to catch up but I have 3.5 RE lift w/2.25 in "Pucks" & Stock arms for several months now & many WHEELING Trips with NO PROBLUMS, But like what was said "You can do anything" & what works for you mite not work for some one else

i have aal in the back and 1.5 shackles in the rear. I do not have an sye or a drop but I have no driveline vibrations. I have the re front lower control arms is this enough ( are they longer than stock.)

Back