• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi-Tec retreads..

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
Need a quick fix for trail rig/ monthly drive home

goin 285's

anyone throw a belt or blow one up yet? What ya'll think besides that they are loud

I've been running them for about 8k, they've been aire down as low as 10psi and have had no problems. They've been run as fast as 85mph and had no problems.

They're loud. They wear quick, but what Mud Tire doesn't? I've got at least 50% tread left. For the price, they've been fantastic.

Will I buy them again? Maybe. I bought them becuase I needed tires and figured they were worth a shot. I'd like mine a bit quieter since I drive to and from the trails.

They work fine just like any other tire.

I have their 33x12.50R15's.

lowrange2 said:
do they have BFG Shells?

Some do. Its whatever they get/have available in your size. You can request BFG's but there is no garuntee. Mine are Michelin shells, they didn't have 4 that matched (I got 1 MTX and 3 ATX shells) so they gave me a discount.

One of my good friends has them on his jeep. He's had them for some time, I think he mentioned he had either 40,000 or 50,000 on them, and they were still looking like they had 15-20% tread left. His are all BFG Shells. He really likes them... maybe he'll chime in here eventually...

IslanderOffRoad said:
They're loud. They wear quick, but what Mud Tire doesn't?

BFG MT's. The last set of them I ran (before I decided an MT/R is the lowest end tire i will run) lasted me 50k, and the guy who's running them now has put another 30k on them. They were quiet, they lasted a long time, but as with all BFG's the sidewalls were weak.

To the original poster, re-treads are still just that, re-treads - and you get what you pay for.

cal said:
BFG MT's. The last set of them I ran (before I decided an MT/R is the lowest end tire i will run) lasted me 50k, and the guy who's running them now has put another 30k on them. They were quiet, they lasted a long time, but as with all BFG's the sidewalls were weak.

To the original poster, re-treads are still just that, re-treads - and you get what you pay for.

Well thats good, I'm looking at BFG muds when these go out and I up-size.

IslanderOffRoad said:
Well thats good, I'm looking at BFG muds when these go out and I up-size.

Buy a warantee. The sizewalls slice if you get too close to a trail (which is why i went to mtr's).

On the other hand, a good spare + good warantee, you have a pretty constant supply of new tires. I think kejtar went something like 3 years without having a bfg last more than a year, but not having to buy a new one.

I have a friend that runs them on his mall crawler 2wd Frontier. He had them on his mall crawler 4Runner before that. As far as on-road performance, they are loud but seem to be fine. I can't testify to their serious off-road performance. I'm sure they do fine in the mud but not sure if I trust them aired down to 12psi on the rocks???

BruceB83 said:
but not sure if I trust them aired down to 12psi on the rocks???

I've done them, no problems.

Back