• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dilema - Need Advice

smccollamjr

NAXJA Forum User
Current setup: '96 XJ; 4.0; AX-15; D30/8.25 open; 3.07s; 235s

I have an opportunity to buy a D30 w/ 4.56s and chromo shafts (no brakes or hubs), and 4.56s & detroit for my 8.25 (27 spline) for $425. The D30 gears are Dana Spicer, the 8.25 gears are Mopar Performance. How good of a deal is this?

If I buy this it will set me back on buying a lift and sliders. New tires are at least a year and a half out. At least that's how long I think my current tires will last. When I do lift it will be 3" or 3.5" and 31s. Will 4.56s be overkill for this lift? How much gas is that going to eat up on the highway with my 235s?

Is it worth buying the gears and locker now and putting off the lift? If I do buy them now, do I store them until I get the lift & new tires or put them on now?

The XJ is a semi daily driver. I probably put 10k miles a year on it, mostly on pavement.

I agree good deal......But think about it your not lifting it high or putting huge tires on it. Personaly it this point in time your probably going to be more happy with the lift and sliders for now.

Back