• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rebuild a PS pump

imma honky

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone rebuilt their power steering pump? I have been pricing reman'ed ones VS the rebuild kit. It's a saving of roughly 40 bucks. But im concerned as to whether the rebuild kits hold up.

Don't bother, get a reman and be done with it.

not but if they need $80 than I can get it for $20, sucks huh.

I bought a kit for mine and ended up with a reman. The kit gives lousy instructions and I got frustrated. For the extra money, it's well worth it.

sigmund said:
I bought a kit for mine and ended up with a reman. The kit gives lousy instructions and I got frustrated. For the extra money, it's well worth it.
Holy crap! A real answer. Thanks sig.

I've rebuilt two non-Jeep PS pumps. One was a Ford pump the other a MB pump. Depending on you finances, for $40 more, I'd get a rebuilt pump. On the MB pump, I think I was looking at a few hundered more. I remember my brother rebuilding the PS pump on my mom's Toyota Corrola. A rebuilt pump was $350, a new was $700 from the Dealer. The rebuilt kit was $7. Basically the rebuild kit was a bunch of o-rings and seals.
Tom

Back