• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any RRC Members good with gears?

x2elite

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently trying to set up my gears in my rear-end, and after getting them "setup" I am getting a horrible growl coming from the rearend. I was wondering if anyone who is somewhat local had any experience with gears. I still have to do the front end, but don't want to go any further until I get the rear right. Worst case scenario I call up a local shop, and trailer the XJ to them to get it done.

hi there if you need someone to set up gears in texarkana.thats cheaper then wards4x4 and johnny prestons 4x4 shop his name is tim and he just opened his own shop not long ago you could give him a call 870 772-8365

If you are driving on them then they are already burnt in to the incorrect pattern. You may not be able to get the growl to go away.

I will call this Tim guy and see what he can do for me, I appreciate the info. I haven't been driving on them, I just ran them down the street and back once. Any idea where his shop is?

I called this guy last thursday, and he gave be a great price for setting up my gears for me. He told me he was all booked up until the middle of this week, so he told me to call him on tuesday, and I could drop it off Wednesday. Well I tried calling him several times yesterday and today, but no answer. I left a message, but no call back yet. Worst part about it, is that I have the jeep on the trailer parked out in front of my office today, and towing it around isn't exactly fun. LOL

Guy never called me back, after I left him several messages. I called Ward's yesterday, and Steve said he would drop his price to the same thing Tim was going to charge me. So I ended up dropping it off at Steve Ward's this morning.

Back