• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5 and 35" tires

[email protected]

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a RE 3.5" lift and 33" MTZ. I done quite a bit of trimming to clear it. If i go to 4.5" RE lift how much trouble will i have to clear 35s"? The other question i have is whether to get ZJ springs or XJ springs. I have a custom built bumper, along with a winch. Are the RE XJ springs stiff enough of should i go for the ZJ springs? Any input on this would be appreciated.

I would go with the ZJ springs because a heavy bumper and winch is more weight and will weigh the front down some. ZJ springs will probably the best choice.

you dont need zj springs, a zj is not much heavier than a xj.

get some RE 4.5 coils, bump stop your suspension according to your tires. with 35's it will pretty much be an all droop suspension. so longer shocks and long arms may be in order to get descent flex. you will have to chop the fenders also. probably past the little stamping flare thingy.

me and my buddy have the fenders cut like this and we have no problem tucking 35's. its just all about the bump stops.
028.jpg

i plan on doing 36's with my current 4.5 lift. this is my current setup: 4.5 shocks, hp 44 (with redesigned shock mounts for an inch more of droop) and long arms. and proper bump stops of course...
056.jpg

my buddies rig with 4.5 coils and 2" adj. coil spacers. his bumper probably weighs in at about 90 lbs. with the winch.
025.jpg

Last edited:
RE zj 4.5 springs are the same as xj 5.5 springs im runing them now. check the part number for them i think its the same, but either way thats how much lift you will get

95meangreen said:
hell yeah i love them never will i have to worry about stuffing the tire into the fender again and looks alot better than trimming it

Holy wide-open fender wells Batman....did you fab those yourself or, where did you get them? very nice!

Back