• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep is driving me nuts...

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '98 Cherokee Classic with just shy of 90k on the clock. I have several problems with the Jeep and really need your help.

1.) My driver's seat creaks whenever it moves (ex: turning, bumps), I've tightened every nut I could get at down under there with no relief, this along is enough to make me irritated.

2.) Rear washer doesn't work, I replaced the wiper motor as it didn't work, but still don't have a working sprayer. Is there a second pump in the reservoir behind the fender ? I tried to figure this out by asking the salesman at Autozone, but they tried to tell me there was a second tank for the rear as well. So, maybe someone who actually knows what they're talking about can't help me there.

3.) SLLLOOOoOOWWWW passenger side window. The window motor fluxuates while the window goes up or down as if there was a load being placed on the motor. I've sprayed lithium grease onto the tracks with no luck.

That's all, I appreciate you looking at my thread, and I would really be thankful if you could help.

For #1...have you tried putting some grease (not axle grease) on the seat tracks?

For #2...I have a '00...should be the same...there are two pump motors at the front washer tank...there isn't a rear tank like some other SUVs. To get to those pumps...you can access by removing the fender liner. But for total access, you may have to remove the entire fender panel.

For #3...not sure...sound like it is on borrowed time...

good luck...

#3...you're about to lose your regulator. Mine got real slow and started popping for about 6 months before it finally dropped.

Go to this site, click on "products", then "Late Model Mopar Trucks", then "Power Window Regulator Repair Kit".

I've not gone this route, but it's a much cheaper alternative than shelling out $200 for a regulator unit. I've already replaced both of my front ones with in the last year-year and a half, and they're already starting to make noises again.

camarors8992 said:
I have a '98 Cherokee Classic with just shy of 90k on the clock. I have several problems with the Jeep and really need your help.

1.) My driver's seat creaks whenever it moves (ex: turning, bumps), I've tightened every nut I could get at down under there with no relief, this along is enough to make me irritated.

My 98' did that, until the seat failed. Take the seat out and strip it down. I suspect you will find that the frame is cracked. Reweld it.

2.) Rear washer doesn't work, I replaced the wiper motor as it didn't work, but still don't have a working sprayer. Is there a second pump in the reservoir behind the fender ? I tried to figure this out by asking the salesman at Autozone, but they tried to tell me there was a second tank for the rear as well. So, maybe someone who actually knows what they're talking about can't help me there.

Yes, there are two pumps. No second tank. Remove the drivers side fender flair and flar clip and you can get at the pump assembly.

3.) SLLLOOOoOOWWWW passenger side window. The window motor fluxuates while the window goes up or down as if there was a load being placed on the motor. I've sprayed lithium grease onto the tracks with no luck.

You will need to dissasemble the door and grease the lifting assembly under the window.

That's all, I appreciate you looking at my thread, and I would really be thankful if you could help.

Ron

My seat cannot come out, the one bolt that goes into the floor is unrecognizable and I'm sure that a socket would just spin on the head of the bolt. Could I drill it out and nut and bolt it or maybe even rethread the new hole to accept a new bolt ?

What do you mean disassemble the door? As in remove the motor and tracks ? Or just the door panel ?

camarors8992 said:

My 98 broke inside the seat, took a while to find it, broke down and squeeked me to death!

Back