• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carling switches

whatevah

It's Yellah!
I found a carling switch in my desk, so I started playing with it... it's one of the Contura switches (often used with ARB lockers)

it has 3 prongs with no labels, so I'm a little confused. one is at one corner of the switch, and the other 2 prongs are at the opposite corner. I assume that the single prong is for the "in" power, and the other two are for ground/"out" power. what's confusing me is that one of the two is always hot if I give current to the "in" prong even if the switch is in the Off position.

Are the lights on the Carling switches always lit? I'm not giving it enough juice to illuminate the light, just enough to let the multimeter do its thing.

actually... I think I just incorrectly assumed which one was the "in" prong. makes more sense that the "dead" prong is actually the "in", and that the other two would be linked. the location of the prongs is what threw me.

Back