• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6 on 5.5 to 5 on 4.5 adapters - where to get them?

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
like the title says - i can get a Isuzu 44 very cheap but i need a set of adapters so i can keep my 5on4.5 wheels and the d30 in the front. I have searched and any many past threads these have been mentioned but no one ever mentions a specific place to order them from? any ideas?

woodkrawler said:
like the title says - i can get a Isuzu 44 very cheap but i need a set of adapters so i can keep my 5on4.5 wheels and the d30 in the front. I have searched and any many past threads these have been mentioned but no one ever mentions a specific place to order them from? any ideas?

Unfortunately now one makes em. have a set of axle shafts redrilled ot made to match the 5 x 4.5 or visa versa

rockwerks said:
Unfortunately now one makes em. have a set of axle shafts redrilled ot made to match the 5 x 4.5 or visa versa

Not sure but when I was searching I found some.... OR do you know something I dont... maybe they dont make them anymore

http://www.adaptitusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=45

ALSO... if you go and (not only have the exact same jeep as me) but buy the same rear axle... I will have to get some membership cards printed up for the "I wanna be like Chris" fan club :moon:

Last edited:
There was a guy on ebay who quoted me $200 to make a set of 4 when I found a D44 that i wanted from a suzu. Try there

actually, you had the built 8.25 first and "had" to sell it to go to a 44 to be like me!

uncc civilengineer said:
Not sure but when I was searching I found some.... OR do you know something I dont... maybe they dont make them anymore

http://www.adaptitusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=45

ALSO... if you go and (not only have the exact same jeep as me) but buy the same rear axle... I will have to get some membership cards printed up for the "I wanna be like Chris" fan club :moon:

I didnt think the isuzu 44 was a good axle? Correct me if im wrong i probably am. It seems to be a lot of trouble when you can find a XJ 44 or 8.8 for cheap.

I may have a 44 set up for a TJ for sale sometime. Its already got a detroit and 4.88s. I donno if im going to sell it yet though.

Steve97TJ said:
I didnt think the isuzu 44 was a good axle? Correct me if im wrong i probably am. It seems to be a lot of trouble when you can find a XJ 44 or 8.8 for cheap.

I may have a 44 set up for a TJ for sale sometime. Its already got a detroit and 4.88s. I donno if im going to sell it yet though.

i've done several XJ 44 swaps and they work great, however the Isuzu 44 already has disc brake set up and 4.10s or 4.56s so that will save me about $500.00 of parts for the XJ 44 to get it up to the I44.

Steve97TJ said:

The Isuzu Dana 44 seems to be a nice axle... It's a little narrower than the XJ 44 but that's easily corrected. IT comes factory w/ Disc brakes, 4.10's or 4.56's.

I've beat it pretty hard w/ 36" Bias Iroks and it hasn't flinched. As of now it's pretty easy to find parts. There are not any aftermarket shafts per say but Moser will make you some if you send them your stock shafts....

For the $$ I think it's a decent choice...

uncc civilengineer said:
The Isuzu Dana 44 seems to be a nice axle... It's a little narrower than the XJ 44 but that's easily corrected. IT comes factory w/ Disc brakes, 4.10's or 4.56's.

I've beat it pretty hard w/ 36" Bias Iroks and it hasn't flinched. As of now it's pretty easy to find parts. There are not any aftermarket shafts per say but Moser will make you some if you send them your stock shafts....

For the $$ I think it's a decent choice...

correct, Ive built and sold a couple of em.. with 3/4" spacers it would be perfect width, to use under an XJ you need to move the dsic brake line bracket so the leafs will clear

Last edited:
shmoken875 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-LUG-TO-6-LUG-ADAPTER-KIT-PUT-HUGE-WHEELS-ON-JEEP-TJ_W0QQitemZ290171972535QQihZ019QQcategoryZ66486QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

That is a different animal, it is a two peice spacer, and not recommended. That ebay one bolts one half to your axle, then you bolt the other half to the first half with an independent set of bolts (i.e. not your lugs). That leaves those bolts as a risk to shear, particularly if they are made from less than ideal materials. I have run spacers on various vehicles, and run some now on my I44, but only ONE-PEICE T6 ALUMINUM. Locktight and check torque and you'll be fine. I know Performance Wheel and Tire here in Colorado used to make the 6 to 5 adapters, but not sure if they do anymore: performancewheel.com I run a waggy front, so I'm 6-lug all around and havent had to worry about it.

As for the I44, it is a great alternative if you are going to want discs and intend to use the stock gearing. Be aware that there are some out there, like mine, geared 4.30 stock, which you cant match with your HP30...

hey..its Iwishihadone here.i did get taken in a way..haha...thanks again XdumptruckX..caugh caugh. but i have those wheel adapters and they work great for rear axles, but dont work with hubs. the reason they dont work for me is they dont fit over the hubs in front.

Back