• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got a new XJ, have a few Q's

CJCOffroad

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, I just bought a '00 4x4 sport. Im planning on buying a 5.5" lift, an sye, rubicon wheels, and 33's. First, can I run a 12.5 inch wide tire on the rubicon wheels? Second, how much of a difference will there be between a long arm and shortarm lift? I can save a lot of money buying a shortarm kit. Ill post pics as soon as I get it.
Thanks for listenning

At 5.5" I'd recommed the long arm kit. The highest I would go with a short arm kit is 4.5".

Drop brackets are an option.

Welcome to another SoCal Jeeper. :wave1:

Yes, you can run 12.5" wide tires on Rubicon wheels. I have about 5" of lift with short arms and drop brackets.

I am looking at getting the RE 5.5 shortarm kit. That will give me money for gears and lockers. Has anyone run the 17" moab wheels?
Thanks again

Make sure that those 17" rims have the correct bolt pattern. I know that some of the newer Jeeps are 5 on 5.

Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea. Is there an easy way to determine if it is 5 or 4.5? I am eyeing a few sets on craigslist.

I think I was looking at some of those same CL ads.

I believe that the newer (06-07) Grand Cherokees and Commanders have the 5x5 pattern. I could be wrong on the years.

99 is when the GC's went to 5x5

Long arm for more than 6 inches

Be prepared to do some trimming.I run the RE 5.5 extreme duty kit with the drop
brackets.33x12.50 mtr's on 15x8 rims with 4" backspace, and they rubbed.When I got my RE kit their was no long arm version.If I was doing it again now I'd get the TNT y-link kit and frame rail stiffners.Having said that I'm fairly pleased with the RE short arm kit.As for a 17" rim, personally I wouldn't on a 33, I'd stick with a 15.

Back