• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE Kit on 4.5 lift

What year is your jeep? If it's 96 or newer (or is it 97) then it's almost a def yes, if it's a previous then it's a maybe. My '94 needed one with just a 3.5 fyi

97 with 4.5" w/1" t-case drop
hack n tap is waiting to go in, after hanging up on x-member it was on order the next day.

TsfoTo said:
How about for a 3in?

Thanks,

Art-

Only way to truely find out is to put the lift on man. Just try the drop and shimming if it still vibes sye it.

98 4.5 RE kit t-case drop no shims no vibes

Thanks guys. Just picked up a 3" skyjacker kit a couple of days ago. I'm gonna set it up in a day or two. Can't wait. I had a home built 2" that I've beat into the ground. Ready for some new legs.

What kinda vibes our we talking about?

Art-

I'm running a 3" hybrid lift on my 98 right now, and when I installed it I did have some minor vibes, so I put in the t-case drop.

The question is, if I want to do the hack-n-tap, will I have to rotate the pinion angle of my rear axle? At some point, I'd like to go bigger than 3", maybe swapping to an 8.8, but I can't swing all that at once, so I was thinking about just doing the SYE, will that work if I switch things up later? Also, hoping to make this work with an XJ front driveshaft to replace the rear one.

Back