• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window swich issue.

Ernrok

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having problems with the window swiches of the right and left rear doors and the right front. They work intermitantley. But the main switch on the drivers door work fine. I took the door panel off to check for any broken wires, but didn't see any. Anyone else with this problem? Also if you bang the main switches they work for a short period.

Thanks in advance.

Ernrok

I have this same issue, in a 2000.

I don't really mind it, but my friends keep complaining that I have the windows locked, and I have to explain to them that they don't work right.

rastarch345

The link is dead for me.... Can anyone else read the link or is dead for you too??

I have this problem on my 2000. My friends laugh at me because I can hit the armrest on the driver's side and the passenger window works.

BTW, the link worked fine. I'll take a look at mine this weekend too.

On two XJ's I've owned it wasn't the lockout bypass switch but it was the wire connection coming into the back of the passenger window switch at the drivers side door.

You might check there also.

OK...just finished insatlling the jumper wire as explained in the link. Well all the windows work, but now the door lock swtiches on both L & R front will only unlock, but not lock. Oh..the window lock also does not work. Just wondering if it's better to just replace the switch assembly?

Ernrok

Ernrok said:
OK...just finished insatlling the jumper wire as explained in the link. Well all the windows work, but now the door lock swtiches on both L & R front will only unlock, but not lock. Oh..the window lock also does not work. Just wondering if it's better to just replace the switch assembly?

Ernrok
that shouldn't have bothered the door locks at all . the window lock will not work because you just bypassed it

This is weird.:wierd: If the key is in the ignition, turned or not. The switch acts as mentioned. Pull the key out and the switch works. Oh... the key fob will work weather the key is in or not.

I guess the door lock part of the switch is on it's way out, because the next morning it worked fine. Oh well next step will probably be to replace the switch.

Ernrok

Back