• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering

Store bought, or build it yourself?

Lift height has a lot to do with steering, as does tire size.

OTK

IntrepidXJ said:
currie is a good setup....until the TRE built into the draglink needs to be replaced....

Then it's like every other draglink. :D Ran mine 4 years and it's on the second vehicle already. ;) No special work necessary, just pull off the old and bolt on the new.

Another Currie vote.

I don't run the JCR steering (WJ converted) but if I had stock knuckles, I would in a heartbeat. For anything lifted over about 4", its the way to go. Strong, cheap, and off the shelf replacement parts you can get at any parts store in america.

Its the best bang for the buck. Try and find replacement currie steering at the local napa..

IntrepidXJ said:
didn't mean that it was hard to replace.....just expensive. i'd rather have a setup that i can just change the TRE

I would, too...but to the guy who doesn't have the means to modify the trackbar and swaybar brackets, it's the way to go. It's YEARS before a draglink is even needed with the setup Currie has.

Back