• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Noise

Alienspecimen

NAXJA Forum User
A few months before I changed my front brakes, they started to get progresively noisier and the noise did not disappear after I changed the worn pads. The sound reminds me of the one that comes out of a dry bearing mixed with noisy tires hitting the pavement.
I did not turn the rotors, they looked ok. My front axle is fine, I changed the fluid soon after.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Boris

Did you buy "cheap" pads? Everytime I try to save a few bucks by buying the cheaper pads, I end up with squeals. Now I buy the "better" ones.

IMO, rotors should be turned when you change worn out pads.

Saudade said:
Did you buy "cheap" pads? Everytime I try to save a few bucks by buying the cheaper pads, I end up with squeals. Now I buy the "better" ones.

IMO, rotors should be turned when you change worn out pads.
Nope, I bought the most expensive brake pads AZ had. I don't have squeals, though. My noise is different.
Thanks

possible that the wheelbearing is fialing and applying the brakes changes the noise?
Possible that you've got a stuck or sticking caliper?

Back