• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" skyjacker plus budget boost

99XJLove

NAXJA Forum User
Like the title says, I already have the 3" skyjacker lift installed. I want to be able to fit 33" tires with minimal trimming. I know I will need a SYE, adj. track bar, shock bar pin relocaters. What else should I be looking for. I already have the Skyjacker LCA's, do I need UCA's?

how much budget boost? If you're planning on adding 2 inches that makes for a 5.5" lift on short arms. You may want to get drop brackets or consider long arms if you drive it on the street. It is doable, as I have done it, but the ride is pretty bad.

yah i agree you might want to go with the RE control arm drop brackets if u go with a 2" BB. I have a buddy though that has the RE 5.5" and no SYE but he also doesn't hardly ever wheel it not saying he hasn't ever before because trust me he has takin it through some mud pits and stuff but no hardcore off-roading so if your jeep spends most of its time on the street then you probably wont have to do the SYE atleast not right away but it would be a good idea to do it eventually especially if you plan to take it off-roading. also you will need extended brakelines for the front and it would be a good idea to get one for the back. if u want to help cut out driveline vibs from the rear then you can shim up the rear diff. and you will definately need new upper control arms too.

Back