• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone need some cash?

Doyle

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to have some cut and fold my lower rear quarters and trim my fenders. I am not adept at cutting up sheet metal, its generally goes poorly and ends up looking terrible. So, my question for you guys is, who wants some cash, I am willing to help, provide the beer, I just don't really want to put my spectacular body work skills to the test, shoot me an idea of where I could take it to get it done or if anyone wants to help a less than skilled wheeler out.

BTW and in the Portland area, would like to get this done sooner than later and am willing to drive to get it done.

Dont be scared cut that sh.t up. :explosion If not I work at Bloomfields Rod n Customs in Philomath, near OSU a little far but awesome work. Good luck! and NEVER BE SCARED OF THE SAWZALL!!!

95heep said:
Dont be scared cut that sh.t up. :explosion If not I work at Bloomfields Rod n Customs in Philomath, near OSU a little far but awesome work. Good luck! and NEVER BE SCARED OF THE SAWZALL!!!

Yep, I just dropped some cash on a new Sawzall last weekend. Will be cutting up my fenders, and folding the rear Qtr panels up as well real soon. There are some good write ups on how to do it. Search.

ah just buy a good set of left handed (green) and right handed (red) tin snips. Leaves a little better edge. And in the rear cutting and folding the rear wheel well over will save ya from cutting in a little too far...............

ask Dean he has gapping maw holes from some dork cutting it too far past the pinch seam

Not a hard task at all..... learning experience

I appreciate the links to write ups, have mostof them saved in my favorites, been waiting on doing this hoping I would dent or otherwise decently bend some sheet metal on my Jeep, that way I would not feel so badly about cutting it up, when I picked up my '98 I figured I would buy a dedicated trail rig instead of wheelin the daily driver, but I like the jeep too much to get a trail rig or tow rig to go with it lol

Doyle,

How much do you want to remove?
I like beer.
Are you re-using your flares?
I drink beer.
Are you trying to get this done before the TSF run?
I heart beer.

Ive got a power shear, die grinder, saws of all kinds,

and

I'm a consumer of beer.

PAT

Pathatten said:
Doyle,

I like beer.
I drink beer.
I heart beer.

and

I'm a consumer of beer.

PAT

We're going to miss you Pat.

Ok, now back to the original topic.

Just use a cut-off wheel, easy as pie

Pathatten said:
Doyle,

I like beer.
I drink beer.
I heart beer.

and

I'm a consumer of beer.

PAT

I love beer also and aloha is a short drive lol what kind you like? I would definately like to get it done before the run if possible, let me know what your schedule looks like, wednesday and thursday work great for me, otherwise like a sunday afternoon or something hopefully

lol I will have to bring a friend to drive, as I like beer as much or more than most people I know lol, my bar tabs keep the local bar in business

mojojojo said:
hmmmm, thats good quote material right there.....:rolleyes:

I agree

Back