• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In-channel or 3M tape vent visors?

jmsull

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking into getting some vent visors, or what ever you like to call them.

First of all I have a '99.

My question is, which is preferable the in-channel or the 3M tape on types? I would think the in-channel would be better, but I have never really had any experience with either so I wanted to hear from those who have. What were the problems if any with either?

James

I have a set of the "in channel" style on mine right now. I found that I had to use RTV on the outside to hold it in place and that may have been do to them being used and I may not have all of the original attaching hardware. After that I have not had any problems for the last 5 years. I installed a set of the 3M tape type on my neighbors p/u and to the best of my knowledge, there has not been any problems.
HTH

Last edited:
Mine have been on for three years (the tape kind) and have taken hits from numerous trees on trails with no problems. I've never seen them peel at all. If they don't stick well, the surface wasn't cleaned well enough.

Back