• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock fog light wiring

IllianaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My 01 Sport didn't come with fog lights, but there is a 2 wire plug hanging in the center of the front crossmember, and the switch blank has the plug attached to it.

Am I correct to guess that the 2 wire plug hanging in the front is the factory wiring for the fogs? If so, I'm just going to tie my Hellas into that and use the factory relays and switch.

you may have the temp sensor wiring, but a simple voltmeter check will confirm it. If you have "big" lights, you may want to consider upgrading to the aftermarket relay. I used the factory ones for a while and the lights are much brighter now that I upgraded relays.

The temp sensor is still plugged in, this is just dangling about bumper height. By aftermarket relay do you mean relays that fit in the PDC, or relays you wire up seperately?

If you didn't have factory fogs then the wiring is not all there. The plug for the switch is there, but it's not complete. If look in the PDC you can see there is no terminals in the slots for the fog relays. You say the OHC temp sensor is plugged in which is what the connection you're describing is located.

Last edited:
Ok, I was interpreting that as coolant temp sensor. Doesn't make much sense to have the switch wiring w/out the relay slots, but whatever.

Thanks!

TellicoReadyXJ said:
Ok, I was interpreting that as coolant temp sensor. Doesn't make much sense to have the switch wiring w/out the relay slots, but whatever.

Thanks!
From what I can tell there where three main harnesses for the inside. One that came in the SE that had no options whatsoever, one for everything that didn't have the Infinity sound system, and one for that included the wiring for the Infinity sound option. They all included the wiring inside either for the fog light, or it was used for the Extended Idle option that would have been more commonly ordered on the SE's for enforcement/government work.

Back