• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help in removing dash

bulldugg

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me how to remove the dash pad off a 87 cherokee. I have the I have the gauges and accessories out, but can't see the screws to remove the top pad. I want to re-dye it and am having a hell of a time.

On my '96 there are some screws under the defroster vents. There may have been a couple behind the glove box as well. It's been over a year since I did my heater core so I don't remember exactly.

It just pops off. It's got clips on it just like the trim bezel around the radio. There may be some screws around the radio area, but I dont remember there being any at all.

you need to remove the windshield defroster grill, there are 3-4 screws there that hold the dash in from the top, I trust you've found the two hinge bolts on the bottom of the dash? on either side by the door jamb?

Dont forget the one behind the ash tray.

Back