• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

79 f150 coils?

kamikaze4x4sj

NAXJA Forum User
my buddy has a set of 6 inch coils off a 79 f150, how much lift would they give me, would they even fit? i figured i would ask before takeing the 2hr drive to his house to get them, thanks, Matt

I think the f150 coils are 2 big around 2 fit in the XJ spring bucket u might have him measure them. as far as lift duno it would depend on the stock spring height of the F150 coil compared to the stock XJ coil.

whompinxj said:
considering that an f 150 weighs about 1000 more pound than an xj I think you would net 10 plus inches of lift

Weight has nothing to do with height. they WOULD be a much higher spring rate tho, making for a rough ride.

lancey3 said:
Weight has nothing to do with height. they WOULD be a much higher spring rate tho, making for a rough ride.
A heavier vehicle would would compress the coil (preload) more than a lighter vehicle so, YES weight does have something to do with height--------Hans

Back