• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suggestions please

mcnamaag

NAXJA Forum User
I am getting new tires on my 87 wagoneer (30-31 in). Old tires are shot. Problem is this one has no lift and sits stock. Now before I get flamed a lift is going on but not for about 2 months. I had to weight the options and tires seem like the best investment now. I know blocks are bad um-kay but I have a set laying around from a old jeep I bought some years ago. (removed them soon after) I will need to buy a set of coil spacers for the front but I wanted some suggestions/ ideas on the safety of this set up. the blocks are 2 in so I figure I will need 2 in coil spacers for the front correct? Like I said I do not really like lift blocks and I have no exp with coil spacers so any help would be app. THANKS ALL
:patriot:

you can run 31 inch tires with NO lift if you trim. you will have some lower control arm rub on full turn if you use stock wheels but that is it. i ran 31 inch tires with no lift until i put my lift on a month or so later. 2 inch blocks will sag out your stock leaves very quickly and then you have axle wrap to deal with. why not run a junkyard lift for the few months for the same cost or only a bit more than buying the spacers. like ford f150 front coils and bastard pack leaves in the back? it's up to you, just throwing out an other option. but then again, like i said with trimming, run stock with 31's for a few months. blocks to me would be the last resort.

I agree blocks suck. I didnt think 31's would clear. If that is correct then problem solved. Thanks for the idea on the F150 coils.
:patriot:

here i am almost 2 years ago with 31 X 10.5 x 15 on wheels with 3.75 backspacing so i never really rubbed on my lca's but i know stock rims do work with some rubbing on the lca's. it's all about trimming.

santacopyandstuff057.jpg

Back