• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood Scoop?

mustangconv85

NAXJA Forum User
Just looking for some opinions. I've been back and forth on the idea of putting this hood scoop on my XJ so i wanna here what you think? (And yes i know i'm missing a light I have to get that one exchanged)

I just threw up all over my moniter... thanks.

:D

Personally I think it is ugly as sin, but it is your rig and if you like it slap that bitch on!

So... that's about as nasty as flea market chonies.

Go For It!

If it had a V8 ........ maybe. Otherwise, I'm not a fan at all..... If you must, look at placing an 80's mustang scoop on facing backwards.... gives a cowl hood look and is effective at relieving under hood temps too. But that scoop is for the loss.

And the crowd goes wi,... actually, they appear to be vomiting.

Sorry dude, I'm with the others here. It's already a box. You don't need to add another box.

What's the purpose here? Is it just for looks, or were you planning on making it some kind of functional? That would make for a strange air box!(assuming 2.5l or 4.0L under it)

Seriously: nothing sticking up under it, don't bother to butcher the flat hood.

ok its not going on i thought it was to big which made it look ugly but figured i'd ask what others thought and it just comfirmed what i already thought

thanks

I used a fakey slimline hood scoop and opened it up with a dremel, slapped her on backwards with a matching hole in the hood, door edge moulding works sweet for finish edge for the hole I cut. leave a lip on the bottom (hood mating surface) so when it rains it doesn't get in the engine compartment, When I'm wheelin I see heat waves pouring out! simple,cheap and effective

Last edited:
it would look best if you were faster than everyone else.

(personally i like it)

Back