• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tailgate and soundbar speakers

smellhole

NAXJA Forum User
:woohoo:

So I'm wondering:

1. Why are the speakers in the sound bar so quiet? I thought they were busted so I put in some cheapie Pyles and they're still quiet. Shouldn't they be as loud as the door panel speakers (put cheapie Pyles in there, too, btw)? Even if I make all the sound go to the soundbar it's WEAK. I don't have a seperate amp, just an aftermarket head unit.

2. I don't have speakers in the tailgate, but I can put some in. Problem is I don't think there are any speaker wires back there. All I see is a small harness thingie with wires to power the lights and wiper, etc. There's 8 of them, I think. Are some of them speaker wires? If not, where are they?

Thanks.

96 XJ

I don't think later models with the soundbar were wired for hatch speakers too. The grilles and holes for speakers will be there, but no wiring. I never found the tailgate speakers very good anyway, because cargo obscures them, and the panel tends to rattle. I think you're better off getting either more efficient speakers for the bar, or a better amp.

Anyone know how these are wired up??

Sounds stupid but with 4 speakers in the front of a 1990 XJ and 4 in the rear...i am trying to figure out how they dealt with the ohm load for running an after market head unit?

Back