• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone use the new Rusty's flex flares?

Angus

NAXJA Forum User
Need to cover my tires better and still want a flare. Bushwakers would work, but too many people have said they break. Rusty is advertising new flex flares, anyone use them yet?

Angus

I know a guy who rolled a TJ down a cliff, with bushwhackers on, and they didnt break....rolled it twice...

I've never seen any of the people that I know, break any Bushwhackers. I have seen practically twigs break the Rusty's flares, but have not seen there "Flex flares" yet.

my bushwhackers are great!!!
ive cracked the rear passenger side one but that was only cos i reversed it into a tree, an then in the afternoon i had it resting on the archs on its side getting pushed down a gully, not a scratch on the body an just light scrapes on the arches.
i thought i'd totaled the bodywork on that side of the jeep an the arches acually saved it an were fine themselves.

they are very strong because they're ridgid an an spread alot of load across the body, but if your gonna be bouncong the jeep through rocks an have a good chance of hitting the bodywork HARD then they will break whereas something like the tj arches will just deform a bit!

i say get them, they look good but a tad spensive.

sorry can't help with the flex flairs.

They look great. I'd really like to see them on a rig.

On the website, it says the flex flares are made of a different type of plastic that is just more flexible than their regular flares...they're not rubber...

JNickel101 said:
On the website, it says the flex flares are made of a different type of plastic that is just more flexible than their regular flares...they're not rubber...

they flex just like rubber so it wouldn't be that much of a difference.

xjflr_01b.jpg

xjflr_03b.jpg

Look like they flex great to me! I would try them but I have the Warn TJ flares now after totally destroying those cheap A$$ BushCrackers.The older BW were softer and flexable but don't even think about buying them now!They are just plain JUNK CHEAPA$$ PLASTIC CRAP!!! I cracked mine in a creekbed against a dirt bank,I cracked them on trees and rocks and totally shattered them all to Hell when I rolled mine.Buy the Rusty's or Warn TJ's.

I wanna see them drop that rock from 6 feet up and see how it does.. quick impacts are what breaks them...not layin rocks on them.

ZacSquatch said:
I wanna see them drop that rock from 6 feet up and see how it does.. quick impacts are what breaks them...not layin rocks on them.

If you can completly twist the flare, there's a very little chance that a rock being dropped on it will break it. It'll just bounce off.

i have seen them & touched them. I think they look good from 20 feet but up close they look like cheap rubber maid, but I suppose they serve their intended purpose

okay well try twisting them up at -40 like it gets up here dam near everything snaps at -40 lol but mehh they look like they would be good in the warm climats

I'm real happy with the Bush wackers. I think the problem with them is the cheap-ass sheet metal screws that come with them. I replaced w/ #10 machine screws and rivet-nuts and they work great. Look real nice too.

Disclaimer: I have yet to bash them really good.

well i hav bw's and i crack them super easy and i wanna get somethin thats a little more durable, or at least more forgiving. tube fenders would be the best

only good thing about bw is when you break one they send you a whole new set basically

XJumpmaster said:
Still not worth paying nearly $400 for.
Amen to that. I just saw an ad in the new JP magazine for JK Bushwhackers, with a list price of $679 !!!!!!!!!!

Back