• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help out a stereo newb...

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
I dont know diddly about "systems", and i'm looking for guidance to simply install an older CD player in my 94 XJ. Pretty boring stuff to most of you i'm sure..

Son's newer used YJ came with a Pioneer SuperTunerIII which we swapped out for his other headunit (Thanks Stroker!). I'm thinking of swapping in this Pioneer in place of my factory cassette and joining modern civilization.

OK, the stereo has no mounting kit and the factory "hanger" screw locations does not line up to the Pioneer. Actually i think 2 do...but the screws themselves dont thread to the pioneer. I also dont want to just use the two screws and allow the CD player to lay on top of the HVAC controls.

Best Buy.com does not seem to list a kit to install in my rig. Can someone guide me to what i need and where to get it? I did manage to get the wiring kit to plug into the factory harness. :confused1

when installing my head unit after my jeep was burglarized I had to dig up a new mount from the bone yard. it is a bracket that is held in place on top via a spring type hanger and the two screw locations attach to the dash surround. May need some new holes drilled into it if the bracket does not line up with the new pioneer that you have. grab some new fine thread screws that fit the pioneer to mount to the bracket and you should be good to go.

l120306229-f.jpeg

$9.95 hope that helps ya

Back