• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ 4.5" lift coils

A lot of folks don't like Rusty's parts, but IMO they have good coil springs. They ride well and I have ran them for about 3 years with plenty of abuse and no sagging.

Last edited:
TRAILREADYXJ said:
A lot of folks don't like Rusty's parts, but IMO they have good coil springs. They ride well and I have ran them for about 3 years with plenty of abuse and no sagging.

I'll second that. His 4.5" coils are soft and seemed to hold up well to a heavy bumper/winch and constant off roading abuse.

Another vote for the 4.5" coils. By far my favorite ones on the market.

Don't do SS lines, go with YJ lines. I never had a problem with them, and there's something to be said for having replacement brakelines easily available at any auto parts store.

Rusty's all the way.

I must be the odd duck then. My Rusty's 3" coils dropped to 2.25-2.5" over the course of 2yrs. :dunno:

Anyone try the PORC coils? Pretty cheap.

RE 4.5" coils ride great, take a beating. Mine + drop brackets were like driving a caddilac, I only replaced them with RE 4.5" ZJ coils after i installed a heavy bumper and winch.

RE SS brake lines are great, and carry a cheap YJ line as an emergency trail spare.

Well if rustys got so many vote sim gonna go rustys. and if they drop, ill just put coil spacers (Ill need to later on cuz my RE 4.5 leaves will give me 5" i heard!)

My vote is RE...

Anybody running Rock Krawler front coils ?

i have them installed on mne but havent drivn in em at all since mine is still getten built, but i know a few other peaple that run the rk coils and the flex and ride awsome

Back