• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My clutch pedal is bent !

mjtomp

NAXJA Forum User
If your having trouble with your clutch engaging right off the floor be sure to check that the clutch pedal is level with the brake pedal. The clutch pedal arm that connects to the master had twisted on mine limitiing travel and preventing disengagement. I installed a clutch kit before figuring that out . :doh:

mjtomp said:
If your having trouble with your clutch engaging right off the floor be sure to check that the clutch pedal is level with the brake pedal. The clutch pedal arm that connects to the master had twisted on mine limitiing travel and preventing disengagement. I installed a clutch kit before figuring that out . :doh:

A couple-few years ago a member named "Ghost" had a similar experience, and in the process of figuring it out, he became for a while the resident clutch expert, having replaced/rebuilt/analyzed/measured/fixed and researched every possible bit of clutch mechanics and design before the "eureka" light came on.

Well, Im pretty darn good at bleeding the thing now :) I suspect that very worn disc may have caused the pressure plate fingers to stick out so far disengament was very difficult. There is no way the current pedal pressure would cause it to bend.

Last edited:
Two weekends ago my clutch went out while I was at the local OHV park. I figured I blew a line or master cylinder or something. I was looking everywhere and couldent find the problem.

Well, I finally decided to change the master cylinder first, while I was under the dash I found this.

P1010265.jpg

Broke clean off. I think it may have been twisting off for awhile before it actually broke. It had become increasingly difficult to engage a gear while the pushing the clutch. I figured it was due to old age and abuse. Turns out it was this. A little time with the welder and it shifted like new.

Just my 2 cents.

Brian

Back