• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sway bar interference?

nofender

NAXJA Forum User
I'm curious if anyone here has the same issue.

rig - 1996 sport
RE 3.5 lift

Here is the problem. The rear turned out to be much higher than the front. So I installed a 1.75 inch spacer in the front. While i was at it, i installed the RE drop brackets. Upper control arms are stock, lowers are fixed RE units. The truck rides and drivers great now. However, the JKS sway bar links are nearly touching the springs now (1/8th of an inch). I imagine this would be due to the more forward postion the RE drop brackets provide. Needless to say, i don't like the idea of the sway bar potentially contacting the spring and causing some weird handling.

So has anyone run into this? I was considering moving the sway bar mounts forward. I do not want to remove the sway bar, as this is a backup car for my kids. So if anyone has run into this, I'd like to hear how you fixed it.

thanks.

if you dont have a factory front skid, you can install the RE swaybar brackets that move it down and a hair forward. I basically drilled new holes about an inch back for the swaybar link brackets and I plan on cutting off the remaining ends....shortening the swaybar by about an inch and a half

You need longer links. They should be long enough to be about parallel with the springs and leaving the swaybar at ~15* angle. While the drop bracket for the swaybar frame mount is a workable option, I chose to lengthen the discos instead. With my Teraflex discos I just cut them and added material to lengthen. Maybe the ones you have can have a similar modification.

John90XJ said:
You need longer links. They should be long enough to be about parallel with the springs and leaving the swaybar at ~15* angle. While the drop bracket for the swaybar frame mount is a workable option, I chose to lengthen the discos instead. With my Teraflex discos I just cut them and added material to lengthen. Maybe the ones you have can have a similar modification.

I should have seen this. Thank you. I will just lengthen the links. Thanks again.

Back