• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle repair bearing - available for Dana 35?

vetteboy

NAXJA Forum User
Yeah, I know, the guy with 1-tons is asking a dumb question about a D35. :tear:

It's not actually for a D35, but for the D44a in my ZJ...which uses 30-spline shafts but for whatever reason, wimpy D35 axle tubes and wheel bearings. Which are that stupid kind that ride directly on the axle shaft, and I now have two shafts that have no bearing surface left. So that's what that noise was...

Anyway, I know of those one piece seal-and-bearing kits that put the bearing surface on a different spot, but the only Jeep application I've been able to find so far is for the 8.25". Has anyone found (or does there exist) a model for the D35?

(searching here just found 8.25 stuff)

:conceited

not quite sure if i understand. is the bearing cone pressed onto the axle shaft and rides in the bearing race in the axle tube, or there is a bearing pressed into the tube and the bearings ride on the axle shaft like a normal
D35??? in that case i only know of replacing the axle shaft. i haven't found a repair kit. my wife burned her D35 shafts like that right where the bearings rode on the shaft, so i decided it was time for a rear D44.

Back