• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanting to fab up my own winch bumper....

x2elite

NAXJA Forum User
I have built several winch bumpers in the past, but I know that I saw somewhere that you can buy some bare brackets that are already cut and drilled to tie in your steering box bolts. If I could pick up a set of these brackets I would be willing to spend the money up front just to save me the hassle. Anyone know where I can get these??

MORE makes them I think, also TNT Customs, those are ones I can think of right off hand.
I have made 3 sets of those brackets myself and I am as far from being a fabricater as it gets. there are the plans for them on here somewhere. not difficult to make, especially seeing you've made bumpers before.

I have a set of JCR brackets for sale. I ended up making my own when I built my winch bumper. Mine basically looks like a standard JCR bumper with the winch mounted behind it.

I'm wanting to put together a VERY simple front bumper. mainly for looks right now but i was wondering what size tubing JCR uses to make their simple bumpers with the shackles and the 2 inch reciever in it. Im gunna make a quick one of those with the tapered sides and the reciever hitch to stick my winch in for now, until i get around to making a better one.

I haven't made them or checked the accuracy of the dimensions myself, but others on JF have and claimed they worked fine.

I started cutting some parts out on the laser to try some test fitting. This is what i got. The "Jeep" will go in the bottom side angled down a lil. Design curtousy of Skychi. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
S5300002.jpg

S5300003.jpg
S5300002.jpg

Back