• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tie rod ends!

mudrat

NAXJA Forum User
i did search and did not get much info on where i can find heavy duty ends or a solution to the problem.i couple weeks ago i noticed a popping sound or clunking coming from the front while i was turning in parking lots or moving the tires with alot of tire movement.had a friend turn the wheel while i looked and saw alot of movement in the ends for the trac arm to the frame (unibody) and steering arm to the pitman. took the nuts off they were tight. the trac arm end moves very rough which is the new one that came with the6.5 rough country lift along with the new trac arm.the end connecting to the pitman moves super smooth.can this be causing the clunking sound?why is the old end moving smoothly while the new one is rough and hard to move. there seems to be no wear to the unibody near the steering box but i do have a jcr bumper on the way with box tie ins.defiently got to downsize tires but dont do anything hardcore but moderate stuff hunting and beach going 93xj 4.0 HO 6.5 rough country 36" tsl's

check the track bar mount at the unibody. mine likes to work loose and "clunk" when i turn or sway, i just had to tighten em them again this weekend. might be it..

Back