• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake questions/front

Brian Strickland

NAXJA Forum User
last week i was driving around and i smelled something burning from my front end. i pulled over and checked it out, the front rotor and caliper were very hot. so later that day i bought a new caliper and set of pads and had the rotor turned before i put it all back together. bled the brakes and everything was fine. a week later the other side started doing it . excact same thing. now i'm planning on buying a caliper, it is original caliper...7 years old, turning the rotor, again new pads if they're glazed bad enough, which they probably will be. i have 33x10.50's also. my next question is when i swapped in the rear 44 a few months ago i disabled my abs system by pulling the 2 fuses and abs pump relay. it just seems kinda odd that both my calipers would be sticking at the exact same time. i wonder if brake fluid is not getting directed to the right caliper or wheel cylinder. i know how to bleed brakes so i'm confident that that is not the issue. i put new rotors and and pads on a few months ago when i did my unit bearings. anyways i'm alittle stumped, just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. i'll pull the caliper and replace it, i just don't want to keep doing this if the problem is coming from upstream. thanks-brian

Back