• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ D44 R&P in XJ 44??

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
do you guys know of any problems that would arise from running a ring and pinion out of a TJ dana 44 in my XJ dana 44? i found a good deal on a dana 44 ring and pinion out a TJ and just want to make sure it will fit before i buy it. i tried searching and no luck.

lincoln

Rear Dana 44's were available from day one of TJ production and the gearsets are standard issue D44... the front D44 was only offered on the Rubicon, and I believe the gearsets are different in both the Rubicon front and rear axles due to the lockers.

Lawn Cher' said:
Rear Dana 44's were available from day one of TJ production and the gearsets are standard issue D44... the front D44 was only offered on the Rubicon, and I believe the gearsets are different in both the Rubicon front and rear axles due to the lockers.

The Rubi gear is different because it is a thick cut gear (meaning a 4.10 and numericaly higher gear set fits on a 3.73 and numericaly lower case) however, the Rubi case uses a 7/16 bolt hole and a standard 44 gear set uses a 3/8 bolt.

Back