• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help w/ deciding armor & recovery points!

EvanH

NAXJA Forum User
So next week I am gonna be ordering some sh*t for my XJ. I already have a tcase skid so I am good on that.
I am gonna be getting either

( a.) rocker guards/front bumper

or

( b.) rocker guards/gas tank skid/ 2" rear receiver hitch.

I am leaning more towards b since I have C4x4 front tow hooks, so I am not hurting too bad on front recovery points. I also have a d-ring insert to go into a 2" receiver. Anyone have any helpful input on what to go with?

Also, I am trying to decide what rocker guards to go with. I am either going with JCR Stage 2 Sliders or C4x4 Double-Tube Rocker Guards from JO.com. I have heard very good things about JCR's products, but I am not too sure about guards from C4x4 . I really wanna go with C4x4 from JO.com since it is where I have gotten everything else for my XJ and I couldn't be happier with the service/products, I just haven't heard any good/bad reviews on the sliders.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I would definitely go with B. Gastank skid and rear tow point come in much more handy than a shiny new front bumper.

Both of the rocker guards you've mentioned would be good, but you may also want to look at AJs rock rails. Whatever brand yo go with, definitely get ones that stick out past the doors a bit, they're invaluable.

scoobyxj said:
Definitly plan b and AJ's rails. Scranton uh? Thats not PA is it? My neighbor is from Scranton, PA.

NEPA represent!

I am not actually from Scranton. I am from Eynon which is maybe 8-10 miles outside of Scranton. He will prolly know "Up the Eynon"!

Cool he has told me quite a bit about some of the Railroad history of Scranton. Lima is a railroad town too. I'm not oreganlly from here though.

AJs SuperRails, front diff guard/cover, engine+trans skid, tcase skid, rear skid guard, fuel skid.

well, that's for how I wheel. lol I killed my tranny crossmember the first trip at Rausch Creek (running Blue trails with no lift and stock tires). Added a small dent to the rockers the same trip. Added a bigger dent to the same section of the rocker a few trips later. Added some skids, and bounced off the rails a bit, and cracked the D30 diff guard (cheap Chinese steel), so I just ordered a SOLID D30 cover.

whatevah said:
AJs SuperRails, front diff guard/cover, engine+trans skid, tcase skid, rear skid guard, fuel skid.

well, that's for how I wheel. lol I killed my tranny crossmember the first trip at Rausch Creek (running Blue trails with no lift and stock tires). Added a small dent to the rockers the same trip. Added a bigger dent to the same section of the rocker a few trips later. Added some skids, and bounced off the rails a bit, and cracked the D30 diff guard (cheap Chinese steel), so I just ordered a SOLID D30 cover.

What brand diff guard did you crack?? Pics?

It was an OMIX/Rugged Ridge cover. they make a variety of cheap products. Quadratec, 4WD, JC Whitney and everybody elses sells their stuff. http://www.quadratec.com/products/92023_100.htm the OMIX part number is 16597.30

It cracked in one of the solid plate sections, not at weld or anything like that. Just cheap steel. no pics of it, it's still laying on my driveway.

I'm sure that the warn ones meet some kind of quality control level. I doubt that the Omix junk does. It only cost me $18 with shipping to upgrade to a SOLID cover, so... I did! :)

Back